MCC Rigging Services
Things to Consider for Production Rigging
- All requests are subject to the physical and structural limitations of the facility and must be approved by MCC Rigging Services.
- Crew size will be determined by MCC Rigging Services based on complexity, scope of work, and available time to complete the installation or removal.
- Aerial lift equipment may be required to safely complete installations and may not be available without advance notice. Fees for aerial lift equipment will be quoted when required.
- Aerial lifts will be provided by MCC Rigging Services for rigging installation and removal. These lifts may be rented for additional days for use by production with a certified operator.
- Rigging plans with load calculations must be submitted for approval 21 days prior to installation. MCC Rigging Services will perform this service, if requested, or if the information is not provided. (Additional fees may apply.) Delays and additional costs are likely if this information is not received in a timely manner.
Things to Consider for Exhibitor Rigging
- All advance orders will be estimated when received and scheduled as close as possible to the requested time using available personnel. Please review the estimate. If the proposed time for installation is not acceptable you may request a dedicated crew at a specific time. A four (4) hour minimum may be required for a dedicated crew.
- If times and dates are not flexible and a dedicated crew is necessary, the exhibitor will be charged a four (4) hour minimum each for the load in and load out.
- MCC Rigging Services will bill no less than 2 hours for installation and no less than 1 hour for dismantle. A four (4) hour minimum may be required.
- Valid payment information must be on file with Order Services 14 days prior to scheduled installation in order to receive the advance rate.
- All cancelations within 72 hours of scheduled work will not be eligible for refund.
- Requests for estimates received less than 21 days prior to installation will be quoted at floor rate.
- Advance notice is required. MCC Rigging Services reserves the right to deny any orders that are placed onsite.
- MCC Rigging Services will assemble signs upon request. (Additional fees apply.)
- Electrical Services are not included in this estimate process. A Separate Order must be placed for any electrical needs.
- Any changes to the returned MCC Rigging Services estimate may result in additional costs.
- MCC Rigging Services is not responsible for any banners, signage, etc. left in the booth during load out if the exhibitor is not present.
- MCC Rigging Services makes every effort to accurately identify the labor and equipment necessary to fulfill orders during the estimation process. Additional charges may apply if circumstances require additional time, personnel, or equipment to complete the scope of work. These charges, if any, will be identified when the client is on site and payment will be required prior to additional services being rendered.
- Actual time and date of rigging may vary during load in and load out of the show in order to reduce costs.
- To place an order for MCC Rigging Services, download the MCC Order Form and review the attached MCC Rigging Services Terms and Conditions. Once the form is completed, submit to MCC Order Services at [email protected] or fax to (615) 401-1439. MCC Rigging Services will follow up with questions in order to complete your quote and schedule your project.
- Do not submit a completed form or payment directly to MCC Rigging Services.
Things to Consider for Signage Interior / Exterior
Rigging Labor rates apply to all installed signage, banners, clings, and approved adhesive vinyl throughout the entire facility.
- All rigging must conform to MCC rules, regulations, and facility limitations.
- All hanging signs must have double stitched pole pockets or grommets for hanging. Heat welded or adhesive pole pockets are not allowed.
- All rigging hardware must be rated with a "Working Load Limit" (WLL).
- Prior to hanging of any signage, the items will be inspected and must be approved by MCC Rigging Services.
- All exterior installations are subject to building administration approval. Exterior signage is only available to lessees that occupy a large portion of the building. Please contact you Event Manager as soon as possible for exterior signage opportunities and approval.
- The feasibility and completion of the installation and removal schedule may be affected by severe weather. As a result, additional costs may be incurred or the project may become impossible to safely complete. All costs associated with the planning, production, installation, and removal remain the responsibility of the Lessee.
- MCC Rigging Services will detail, in writing, the operating conditions for each installation along with any severe weather situations that could require the removal of the installation prior to the scheduled due date.
- Floor clings must be non-slip material.
Onsite Standards and Practices
- All items to be suspended, attached, or adhered to the facility must be approved, installed, and removed by MCC Rigging Services.
- The Ballrooms and Exhibit Halls are equipped with permanent rigging points that have various load ratings. Please refer to the room drawings at the bottom of the page.
- No rigging is allowed from air-wall tracks.
- MCC Rigging Services must make all connections to the facility. This includes any connections associated with motors, signs, banners, and clings.
- Additional weight cannot be added or removed on flown equipment after MCC rigging personnel has left the room. Also, MCC Rigging personnel must be present when moving flown equipment.
- Due to inconsistent results with potential damage, MCC Rigging Services will no longer install adhesive vinyl to drywall surfaces or wood veneers (policy revised 7/1/2015.)
- All lifting equipment and overhead material used (including Truss and Chain Hoists) must conform to all applicable safety standards and are subject to inspection, approval, and possible replacement by MCC Rigging Services. (Additional fees may apply.)
- All chain hoist must have annual inspection certification. As a result, all chain hoist must have certification sticker visible and legible or a digital copy of the motor load testing must be on file with our office.
- Objects over 100lbs or 10' in length will require proper lifting equipment.
- Rigging installation may require safety zones to be created underneath an area. These safety zones may require additional personnel and limit access to the affected area.
Rigging Labor Rates
- All hours scheduled on a holiday will be billed at double time. Applicable holidays are New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
Rigging Equipment Rates
- Quoted lift rental fees are for MCC Rigging Services. Additional days may be requested for production use with certified operator.
- Truss and motor rentals are available through MCC Rigging Services:
- 16" Truss is available for $ 7.50 / foot for run of show.
- 12” and 20” Truss is available for $ 75 per piece, per week.
- Chain Motors are available for $ 150 per motor, per week (all-inclusive price.)
- 9.5% sales tax will be applied to all equipment rentals.
- MCC Rigging Services does not add any additional service charges.
- For any questions or concerns, please call us at the below number or complete the fields on our contact page. Someone from the MCC Rigging Services Department will contact you within 48 hours.
- MCC Rigging Services Office (615) 401-1331